Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stepped on a crack and broke my back!!

To start at the begining, on Monday Dec. 1 I took Jordans work truck to go and pick up his check. Well I didn't get to far when I passed a semi , I came around him and was going maybe 20mph. Then all of the sudden the truck jerked to the right and almost went off the road but I got control and as soon as I did the truck took off again to the right , dove off the road and rolled to the right and then landed upright. the next thing I remember was the semi driver by me who found my phone and called Jordan (luckily I was only 3 miles from the farm). Igot life flighted to the hospital where i found out that i broke my back right in the middle of my back. So the whole reason that this wreck happened was because the tie rod brooke in the front end and the front tire blow on the truck causing me to loose all control of the vehicle. But one week later I am home and glad that i am ok. Thank you for everyones prayers, they helped alot!!!So here I am after everything is said and done. I am home and glad to be out of the hospital! I have to wear this brace for 3 months while my back heals.

Here is me in the hospital on Wednesday the day after my surgery

And here is the truck that I was driving. luckily the whole right side was the only thing that was damaged.





The funny thing was that when I was found I was about 15 feet away from the truck sitting on the ground But... my shoes were side by side neatly sitting on Jordans jacket like I took them off and set them there then walked away!




2 comments:

Jeremiah Burns said...

Jess, we are so glad to hear you are doing better. WE have been praying for you and have been so worried. I put your name on the prayer roll at the Bountiful Temple. Let me know if you need anything.

Katie Blacker said...

jessica! We are so glad that you are back home and that your surgery went well. We have been praying and hoping everything would turn out. Know that we love you and wish you a speedy recovery!